That’s right, dear readers! According to the original story as told in the Sailor Moon manga and anime, Usagi would be turning 40 on June 30, 2017.1 Hard to believe that our favorite sailor-suited soldier of love and justice would now be entering her fourth decade of life, isn’t it? While we may know her as a young and energetic junior high school student, she would now have been out of school longer than she ever spent in school.
Due to all of the odd time traveling mechanics and the start of Crystal Tokyo, it’s a bit harder to say anything about ChibiUsa. However, assuming that – like we have to do with Usagi – ChibiUsa was born in a normal universe, she would be turning around 17 years old today.2
In honor of the two birthday girls, I’ve selected five articles each about Usagi and ChibiUsa that may be of interest to you. Articles are in no particular order.
- Is Usagi Much Smarter Than the Series Implies?
- What Health Problems Did Usagi’s Voice Actress Suffer From During Recording?
- Is Usagi Really Just an Average Girl?
- How Old Was Usagi’s Mother, Ikuko?
- Would it be Legal for Mamoru and Usagi to Date?
- Why Does ChibiUsa Have Pink Hair?
- Why Do Usagi and ChibiUsa Have the Same Birthday?
- What Gun Did ChibiUsa Use to Threaten Usagi?
- What is the Story Behind ChibiUsa / Small Lady’s Name?
- Why Was ChibiUsa Sad About Returning to the Future?
If you have any questions or suggestions for future articles, I’d love to hear from you!
- Seeing as Usagi was 14 in February/March 1992, that’d mean she was born on June 30, 1977. Incidentally, for her to have been a second-year junior high student, she actually should have been 13 years old in the beginning of the anime/manga. ↩
- Though the timeline is a bit fuzzy, Crystal Tokyo seems to begin in the year 2000, making Usagi 22 (turning 23) at that time. Assuming that’s when ChibiUsa comes into the picture, then she’d be born on June 30, 2000. ↩